The Mitsubishi 48,000 BTU low temperature, hyper-heat multi-zone outdoor heat pump (MXZ-8C48NAHZ) is an extremely efficient heating and cooling option that can handle up to eight zones at a time. This quiet beast of an outdoor unit will be able to condition your entire home without interruption.
Mitsubishi's current 48,000 BTU hyper-heat outdoor heat pump model is the MXZ-8C48NA2-U1. This specific outdoor unit allows you to connect a wide variety of indoor units that can range up to 24,000 BTU. The MXZ-8C48NA is part of Mitsubishi's M-Series, catering to residential applications. This outdoor unit is perfect for customers that need to condition an entire house with up to 8 zones.
For proper installation, plan for:
1. Line Set - When hooking up indoor units to the MXZ-8C48NA, you'll need a few types of refrigerant lines. This outdoor unit requires a branch box which uses 3/8" & 5/8" line-set. Additionally, there can be three different combinations of line-sets that connect indoor units to this outdoor unit: 1/4" & 3/8" for 6,000-12,000 BTU units, 1/4" & 1/2' for 15,000-18,000 BTU units, and 3/8" & 5/8" for 24,000 BTU units. Our line-sets kits come in different lengths; however, you can cut the copper pipes to fit your application.
2. A Branch Box - For the MXZ-8C48NA, you'll need one of two Mitsubishi branch boxes - PAC-MKA3 (three-zone) or PAC-MKA5 (five-zone). You will use the three-zone branch box (PAC-MKA3) and the five-zone (PAC-MKA5) if you are using all eight zones. If you're planning on using both branch boxes, you'll need a Y-joint to split your refrigerant lines to accommodate both branch boxes.
3. Port Adapters - You may need port adapters, depending on the variation of indoor units that you have connected to your branch boxes. Please read the installation manual to see which adapters you will need for a successful installation.
4. Disconnect Box & Electrical Whip Kit - The disconnect & whip kit comes in each installation kit. It provides a safe and simple way to connect your outdoor condenser to your homes' electrical panel.
5. Outdoor Condenser Plastic Pad (Optional) - This pad provides an even surface, free of debris, on which to place your outdoor condenser. It also comes with snow-risers to provide separation from the ground.
6. Outdoor Condenser Bracket (Optional) -
This bracket provides an even surface, off the ground, on which to place your outdoor condenser. This bracket can handle up to 400 lbs and is great way to ground your outdoor unit system.
- 4-Ton Inverter Condenser
- Cooling & Heating
- Yes (Hyper-Heating)
- 48,000 BTU
- 48,000 BTU
- 54,000 BTU
- 62,000 BTU
- -13 F
- 14 F
- up to 2000 sq ft
- Noise Level: Cooling: 51 decibals
- Noise Level: Heating - 54 decibals
- Size W: 41 11/32"
- Size: H: 52 11/16"
- Size: D: 13"
- Weight: 295 lbs
- Electrical: 40 AMP