The Mitsubishi 36,000 BTU Smart Multi outdoor heat pump (MXZ-SM36NAM) is an extremely efficient heating and cooling option that can handle up to four zones.
Mitsubishi's current 36,000 BTU Smart Multi outdoor heat pump model is the MXZ-SM36NAM. This specific outdoor unit allows you to connect a wide variety of indoor units. This outdoor unit does require The MXZ-SM36NAM is part of Mitsubishi's Smart Multi Series, catering to residential or commercial applications. This outdoor unit is different from the MXZ-4C36NA in that the compressor is stronger, allowing for longer line-set length totals. This outdoor unit does require a branch box to operate.
For proper installation, plan for:
- Line Set - When hooking up indoor units to the MXZ-SM36NAM, you'll need a few types of refrigerant lines. This outdoor unit requires a branch box which uses 3/8" & 5/8" line-set. Additionally, there can be three different combinations of line-sets that connect indoor units to the branch box: 1/4" & 3/8" for 6,000-12,000 BTU units, 1/4" & 1/2' for 15,000-18,000 BTU units, and 3/8" & 5/8" for 24,000 BTU units. Our line-sets kits come in different lengths; however, you can cut the copper pipes to fit your application.
- A Branch Box - For the MXZ-SM36NAMHZ, you'll need one of two Mitsubishi branch boxes - PAC-MKA3 (three-zone) or PAC-MKA5 (five-zone), if you are installing M- or P-Series indoor units. You will use the three-zone branch box (PAC-MKA3) if you only have two or three indoor units, or you will use the five-zone branch box (PAC-MKA5) if you have four or five indoor units. If you're planning on using more than one branch box, you'll need a Y-joint to split your refrigerant line to accommodate both.
- Port Adapters - If you are using branch box with this outdoor unit, you may need port adapters. There are different units combinations that may require port adapters of different sizes.
- Disconnect Box & Electrical Whip Kit - The disconnect & whip kit comes in each installation kit. It provides a safe and simple way to connect your outdoor condenser to your electrical panel.
- Outdoor Condenser Plastic Pad (Optional) - This pad provides an even surface, free of debris, on which to place your outdoor condenser. It also comes with snow-risers to provide separation from the ground.
- Outdoor Condenser Bracket (Optional) - This bracket provides an even surface, off the ground, on which to place your outdoor condenser. This bracket can handle up to 400 lbs and is great way to ground your outdoor unit system.
- 3-Ton Inverter Condenser
- Smart Multi Series
- Cooling & Heating
- 4 (with branch box) or 11 (without branch box)
- 36,000 BTU
- Compatible with M- and P-Series and CITY MULTI indoor units. Branch box required for connection with M- and P-Series
- Seacoast protection on heat exchanger and base panel (rated for 2,000 hrs in accordance with ASTM B117 testing)
- Built-in base pan heater
- Quiet outdoor unit operation, sound pressure as low as 49 dB(A)
- Hyper-heating performance offers 100% heating capacity at 5°F and 75% heating capacity at -13°F
- 36,000 BTU
- 42,000 BTU
- 46,800 BTU
- up to 15.0
- up to 12.5
- -5 F
- up to 1500 sq ft
- Noise Level Cooling: 49 dB(A)
- Noise Level Heating: 53 dB(A)
- Size W: 41-13/32" x H: 52-11/16" x D: 13"
- Weight: 278 lbs
- Package Weight: 295 lbs
- Electrical: 30 A
- Total Piping when using Branch Box : 492 ft
- Total Piping without Branch Box : 984 ft
- Yes (non-ducted or ducted units only); No (mixed units)