The Mitsubishi 36,000 BTU low temperature multi-zone outdoor heat pump (MXZ-SM36NAMHZ) is an extremely efficient heating and cooling option that can handle four zones at significantly lower temperature levels.
Mitsubishi's current 36,000 BTU hyper-heat outdoor heat pump model is the MXZ-SM36NAMHZ. This specific outdoor unit allows you to connect a wide variety of indoor units that can range up to 24,000 BTU. The MXZ-SM36NAMHZ is part of Mitsubishi's M-Series, catering to residential applications. This outdoor unit is perfect for customers located in regions that experience consistent sub 0 temperatures.
For proper installation, plan for:
- Line Set - When hooking up indoor units to the MXZ-SM36NAMHZ, you'll need a few types of refrigerant lines. This outdoor unit requires a branch box which uses 3/8" & 5/8" line-set. Additionally, there can be three different combinations of line-sets that connect indoor units to this outdoor unit: 1/4" & 3/8" for 6,000-12,000 BTU units, 1/4" & 1/2' for 15,000-18,000 BTU units, and 3/8" & 5/8" for 24,000 BTU units. Our line-sets kits come in different lengths; however, you can cut the copper pipes to fit your application.
- A Branch Box - For the MXZ-SM36NAMHZ, you'll need one of two Mitsubishi branch boxes - PAC-MKA3 (three-zone) or PAC-MKA5 (five-zone). You will use the three-zone branch box ( PAC-MKA3) if you only have three larger units, or you will use the five-zone ( PAC-MKA5) if you are using all four zones. If you're planning on using more than one branch box, you'll need a Y-joint to split your refrigerant line to accommodate both.
- Port Adapters - If you are installing 2 15,000 BTU indoor units to this outdoor unit you will need a port adapter. There are other variations that may require adapters as well.
- Disconnect Box & Electrical Whip Kit - The disconnect & whip kit comes in each installation kit. It provides a safe and simple way to connect your outdoor condenser to your homes' electrical panel.
- Outdoor Condenser Plastic Pad (Optional) - This pad provides an even surface, free of debris, on which to place your outdoor condenser. It also comes with snow-risers to provide separation from the ground.
- Outdoor Condenser Bracket (Optional) - This bracket provides an even surface, off the ground, on which to place your outdoor condenser. This bracket can handle up to 400 lbs and is great way to ground your outdoor unit system.
- 3-Ton Inverter Condenser
- Cooling & Heating
- Yes (Hyper-Heating)
- 36,000 BTU
- Compatible with M- and P-Series and CITY MULTI indoor units. Branch box required for connection with M- and P-Series
- Seacoast protection on heat exchanger and base panel (rated for 2,000 hrs in accordance with ASTM B117 testing)
- Built-in base pan heater
- Quiet outdoor unit operation, rated sound pressure as low as 49 dB(A)
- Hyper-heating performance offers 100% heating capacity at 5°F and 75% heating capacity at -13°F
- 36,000 BTU
- 42,000 BTU
- 46,000 BTU
- -13 F
- 14 F
- up to 1500 sq ft
- Noise Level: Cooling: 49 decibals
- Noise Level: Heating - 53 decibals
- Size W: 41 13/32"
- Size: H: 52 11/16"
- Size: D: 13"
- Weight: 278 lbs
- Electrical: 45 AMP
- Total Piping Total when using Branch Box : 492 ft